Scribes and Illuminators
Members' price *
In this richly illustrated title, the author investigates the life and work of medieval scribes and illuminators. Each page of the production of a manuscript is examined from the preparation of the vellum, pens, paints and inks to the writing of the scripts and the final decoration and illumination of the book. The author also explores the role of the patron in commissioning the book and the part played by the stationer or book shop. The individual scribes and illuminators who emerge were identifiable professional lay artists.
Product code: cmc20492
Price category: Under £10
World culture: Medieval Europe
Title: Scribes and Illuminators
Subtitle: Medieval Craftsmen
Author: Christopher de Hamel
Number of pages: 72
llustrations: 35 colour and 28 b/w
Standard UK delivery: 5 working days. Overseas times may vary
Every purchase supports the Museum
Free UK delivery on all BMP books (up to a maximum of 5kg).
Delivery charges for the rest of the world: are calculated depending on the weight (kg) and destination of the order.
Estimated Delivery times:
UK and Europe: 5 - 10 working days.
Rest of the world: 10 to 28 working days.
For more information, please see our full Delivery policy here
If for any reason you are not entirely happy with books and other products purchased from the shop, we will refund the value of the goods supplied. Please contact Customer Services directly on 0800 218 2222 (or from abroad on +44 (0)20 7079 0970) for individual advice.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges on pierced earrings for hygiene reasons, unless they are faulty.
For more information, please see our full Returns policy here
- Scribes and Illuminators
- Add to bag
You may also like
- Add Medieval Love Poetry for only £9.99
- An introduction to the beauty of medieval art and literature.
- Add Masterpieces of Medieval Art for only £14.99
- A treasury of inspiring works of art created over 700 years by medieval craftsmen across Europe.
- Add The Medieval Garden for only £9.99
- An interesting and unusual gift for any keen gardener, 'The Medieval Garden' offers practical advice on how to create typical medieval features.
- Add Medieval Cross Necklace for only £25.00
- An unusual double-sided and 22ct. gold-plated pendant, with amethyst coloured glass stones on one side and a ruby coloured stone on the reverse.