Members' price *
Japanese haiku has for many centuries been a much-loved form of poetry. Composed of 17 syllables, it can convey the essence of an emotion, a fleeting moment in nature, or a throwaway comment.
This collection is a selection of 60 classic haiku by masters such as Basho, Kyoshi and Shiki, arranged by season and covering all the most popular subjects. The text features an introduction explaining the background to Japanese haiku and a short biographical note about each of the major poets.
The book is an excellent introduction to the treasures of Japanese poetry and art.
Product code: cmc24018
Price category: Under £10
World culture: Japan
Author: David Cobb
Number of pages: 96
llustrations: 38 colour
Standard UK delivery: 5 working days. Overseas times may vary
Every purchase supports the Museum
Free UK delivery on all BMP books (up to a maximum of 5kg).
Delivery charges for the rest of the world: are calculated depending on the weight (kg) and destination of the order.
Estimated Delivery times:
UK and Europe: 5 - 10 working days.
Rest of the world: 10 to 28 working days.
For more information, please see our full Delivery policy here
If for any reason you are not entirely happy with books and other products purchased from the shop, we will refund the value of the goods supplied. Please contact Customer Services directly on 0800 218 2222 (or from abroad on +44 (0)20 7079 0970) for individual advice.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges on pierced earrings for hygiene reasons, unless they are faulty.
For more information, please see our full Returns policy here
- Add to bag
You may also like
- Add Haiku Animals for only £9.99
- A selection of much-loved haiku focusing on the world of animals, birds and insects, illustrated with exquisite Japanese prints and paintings.
- Add Crafting Beauty in Modern Japan for only £15.00
- Showcases a magnificent selection of contemporary crafts by some of Japan's most prestigious artists.
- Add Japanese Art in Detail for only £14.99
- A striking and unusual view of the wide variety of Japanese art.
- Add Chinese Ceramics for only £14.99
- Highlights of the Sir Percival David collection.