Japanese Art in Detail
Members' price *
This beautiful book offers a striking and unusual view of the wide array of Japanese art. It highlights - close up and in colour - outstanding examples of design and craft in prints, paintings and screens, metalwork, ceramics, wood, stone and lacquer. The book opens with an introduction asking 'What is Japanese art?' This is followed by a series of thematic chapters in which the author provides cultural context while pointing out exceptional features. By showing the complete object alongside enlarged details - sometimes virtually invisible to the naked eye - intriguing comparisons can be drawn between seemingly unrelated pieces. The selection of illustrations evokes the hand and eye of the most accomplished Japanese craftsmen and women past and present. This book will provide endless creative inspiration.
Product code: cmc24278
Gift recipient: For women
Price category: £10 to £25
World culture: Japan
Title: Japanese Art in Detail
Author: John Reeve
Number of pages: 144
llustrations: 150 colour
Standard UK delivery: 5 working days. Overseas times may vary
Every purchase supports the Museum
Free UK delivery on all BMP books (up to a maximum of 5kg).
Delivery charges for the rest of the world: are calculated depending on the weight (kg) and destination of the order.
Estimated Delivery times:
UK and Europe: 5 - 10 working days.
Rest of the world: 10 to 28 working days.
For more information, please see our full Delivery policy here
If for any reason you are not entirely happy with books and other products purchased from the shop, we will refund the value of the goods supplied. Please contact Customer Services directly on 0800 218 2222 (or from abroad on +44 (0)20 7079 0970) for individual advice.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges on pierced earrings for hygiene reasons, unless they are faulty.
For more information, please see our full Returns policy here
- Japanese Art in Detail
- Add to bag
You may also like
- Add Shunga: Erotic Art in Japan for only £19.99
- This fascinating and lavishly illustrated book of Japanese erotic art includes many previously unpublished images.
- Add Japanese Prints: Ukiyo-e in Edo, 1700-1900 for only £14.99
- This beautifully illustrated introduction to Japanese woodblock prints takes a fresh and vivid approach to the most familiar and widely appreciated traditional Japanese art form.
- Add Japanese Poppies silk scarf for only £65.00
- This colourful poppy print is taken from a Japanese hanging scroll painting attributed to the artist Kitagawa Sosetsu.