Members' price *
The Enlightenment was a period of intense activity devoted to discovery and learning about the natural world, the past and other civilizations. Classification, collecting and deciphering were all important stages on the way to understanding the world. The King's Library was built to house the books donated from the royal libraries of King George II and King George III and they epitomize the interest in the late 18th and early 19th centuries in scholarship and study. Aimed at the general reader and relevant to many academic disciplines, this book explores the ways people acquired new information, organized their ideas and reached their conclusions.
Product code: cmc50208
Price category: £10 to £25
World culture: Enlightenment Europe
Subtitle: Discovering the world in the 18th century
Author: Kim Sloan
Number of pages: 304
llustrations: 245 colour and 25 b/w
Standard UK delivery: 5 working days. Overseas times may vary
Every purchase supports the Museum
Free UK delivery on all BMP books (up to a maximum of 5kg).
Delivery charges for the rest of the world: are calculated depending on the weight (kg) and destination of the order.
Estimated Delivery times:
UK and Europe: 5 - 10 working days.
Rest of the world: 10 to 28 working days.
For more information, please see our full Delivery policy here
If for any reason you are not entirely happy with books and other products purchased from the shop, we will refund the value of the goods supplied. Please contact Customer Services directly on 0800 218 2222 (or from abroad on +44 (0)20 7079 0970) for individual advice.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds or exchanges on pierced earrings for hygiene reasons, unless they are faulty.
For more information, please see our full Returns policy here
- Add to bag
You may also like
Add Michelangelo Drawings for only £10.00
- A magnificent, comprehensive book offering new perspectives on the evolution of this master of the Italian Renaissance.
- Add Master Drawings of the Italian Renaissance for only £19.99
- Selection of Italian Renaissance drawings from the British Museum, the Louvre and other collections.
- Add Head of a Victorious Athlete replica for only £350.00
- A replica of the ancient Greek sculpture 'Head of a Victorious Athlete' held in the Louvre Museum, Paris.
- Add Head of Aphrodite for only £2750.00
- A representation of Aphrodite, the Greek goddess of love, dating to the 1st or 2nd century BC.