Friday 24 October 2014, 18.30
BP Lecture Theatre
£5, Members/concessions £3
Susan Naquin, Professor Emeritus of History and East Asian Studies at Princeton University and author of Peking: Temples and City Life, 1400–1900, asks if any traces of Ming dynasty Beijing can be left in today’s huge modern city. This lecture will explore China’s capital in search of those objects, buildings and sites that survive and can be seen by the intrepid, casual or armchair traveller.
Please arrive punctually to guarantee admission.
Booking fee: £1.00 per ticket
You may also like
- Add Ming: 50 years that changed China for only £25.00
- The accompanying title to the current Museum exhibition, Ming: 50 years that changed China.
Friday 24 October 2014
The Museum does not print or send out tickets for online purchases. Please ensure you bring your credit card or order confirmation e-mail to the exhibition entrance to gain admittance.
Having trouble with your order? You can email us at: email@example.com
or call us on +44 (0)20 7323 8181
Become a Member for as little as £41*
- Free entry and priority access to all special exhibitions including:
- Ancient lives (22 May – 19 April 2015)
- The BP Exhibition Ming: 50 years that changed China
(18 September 2014 – 5 January 2015
-Germany: memories of a nation (16 October - 25 January 2015)
- No need to pre-book tickets
- Members-only events
- Access to the Members' Room
- Regular mailings, publications and discounts
Choose date and time
|Total (including booking fees):||£0.00|
Would you like to add this publication?
Ming: 50 years that changed China
The accompanying title to the current Museum exhibition, Ming: 50 years that changed China.
Publications purchased with a ticket will be delivered to your address.Add catalogue Continue to basket