The original painted and gilded limestone funerary statuette is of Iwi, priest of Amun. The broad vertical band is inscribed with a prayer for offerings. The narrower transverse bands represent bandaging on a mummy which, unlike most later funerary figures, covers the hands.
The original is Probably from Thebes - Egyptian, 17th dynasty, about 1650 BC. This reproduction is based the original in the Department of Egyptian Antiquities at the British Museum.